— Silicon Valley should step up, help Iranians (via steph)
“Twitter famously received a call from the U.S. Department of State nearly two weeks ago asking the company to postpone its scheduled maintenance to suit those in Tehran’s time zone, rather than those on Pacific time. Facebook recently added Persian language support for its iconic social networking site. Google took things to an entirely new level by launching its Persian version of Google translate, which allows for decent machine translation between English and Persian and vice versa.”
“So instead of superficial support, like Twitter users changing their avatars to green to support Iran’s reformist movement, Silicon Valley minds and money should pool resources as a way to help Iranians get around this information blockade by providing easier-to-use proxies, anonymizers and maybe even unfiltered Internet access through hardware.”
“Have you ever considered the very real medical repercussions of this job? Forget the concussions, or the weak knees from constant, constant running. Think for a second about the mushrooms. Have you ever doubled in size in a fraction of a second? My bones are splintered, Princess.”
“Ladies, don’t forget the rummage sale.
It’s a chance to get rid of those things
not worth keeping around the house.
Bring your husbands.”
- Judas: Jesus! Get over here.
- Jesus: Kind of taking a break, here, Judas.
- Judas: Jesus, it isn't a trust exercise unless you actually take part. Get over here.
- Jesus: I kind of feel like you should trust me anyway, seeing as I'm the Messiah and everything.
- Judas: To be honest, it's kind of hard to trust someone who keeps putting itching powder in my sandals.
- Jesus: Look, I'm sorry that you're allergic to my Holy Annointing Dust-
- Judas: -Oh, I didn't realize you could *get* "Holy Annointing Dust" at Fred's Joke Shop on 9th Street.
- Jesus: Have you been following me?
- Judas: YES. You *asked* us to. "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." You said that. You. Thanks for calling us sheep, by the way.
- Jesus: So were you following me when I went to-
- Judas: -Yes.
- Jesus: Because I'm just holding that for a friend.
- Judas: Just come over here and catch me when I tip backwards. It's not hard.
- Jesus: Can I get some angels to do it?
- Judas: I really feel like that'd be testing God.
- Jesus: Maybe *you're* testing God.
- Judas: Why can't you just get up and do this for a few seconds?
- Jesus: I have a boner. For like 3 hours now.
- Judas: ...
- Jesus: I think I got sold some bad stuff.
- Judas: ...
- Jesus: ...
- Judas: Matthew! Come catch me!